Bayou Industrial Group has established four member-driven standing committees to implement programs and activities that promote BIG’s mission to Inform, Support, and Strengthen Business and Community.
All BIG members are eligible to participate in these committees. Meetings are scheduled at the discretion of the committee chair. For more information or to join a committee, contact the committee chair listed below or email@example.com.
Issues Advocacy Committee – Ben Malbrough, Chair
- Identifies and recommends BIG action on legislative or policy issues that affect BIG members and/or the region, as well as BIG governmental relations activities.
- Suggests monthly luncheon speakers and topics related to critical issues to members and/or the region
- Identifies and recommends BIG contributions to local advocacy groups aligned with BIG’s mission
Membership Committee – Rachael Waguespack, Chair
- Promotes membership in BIG and engages new members
- Manages and expands member benefit programs, including but not limited to BIG Member of the Month and BIG Business Tour
Banquet Committee – Amy Hebert, Chair
- Manages the Annual Membership Banquet and BIG Achiever awards program
Scholarship / Fund Development Committee – Eddie Callais, Chair
- Manages BIG scholarship program including program requirements, application process, application review, recommendations for scholarship recipients, and recognition of scholarship winners at monthly luncheons
- Manages fund development activities and events to support the BIG Scholarship Program, particularly the BIG Seafood Social for Scholarships
- Promotes BIG support of higher education